Thursday, June 17, 2010

Absence of Ideas

It was 5:30 tonight and I was still at work, no act of kindness to write about yet. I was starting to feel some pressure. My co-workers tried to be helpful. “What about absence of malice? Does that count?” “You kept a straight face and looked like you were listening at the meeting. That was very kind of you.” Perhaps if I were a couple hundred days into this I might consider those suggestions. But I'm only at day 79 (not that I'm counting). I'm not ready to scrape the bottom of the kindness barrel just yet. Perhaps when I hit 300...

When I got home, I remembered that I had not yet sent a note to my son's coach , thanking him for his infinite patience in coaching an entire season with the soccer version of the Bad News Bears. I had intended to do it several days ago but didn't get around to it, violating the thought action rule I know to be true, at least for me. A thought about doing something kind must be followed by the action of doing it in 24 hours or less, or it won't get done. I suspect that is true for many people.

So another card. Not very interesting, not at all creative, but not absence of malice either. Bring it on day 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment