Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A New Found Appreciation for a Job Well Done

My sister recently told me that she brought some cookies to the staff at my parents doctor's office. She said that they had been helpful moving much needed forms through the nightmare of red tape in order to get my parents the medicine they needed. I remember thinking when she said it, well that's nice but they were really just doing their jobs. Thinking it through again, that seems a rather unkind thought for a very kind act.

Inspired, today I sent a card to my sons' pediatrician and the nurses at the office. This past year there have been a few times when we need their assistance, and were extremely grateful that we had their help navigating insurance and healthcare hurdles. Yes, they may have been just doing their jobs, but they did it efficiently, pleasantly, and acted as if what we needed were as important to them as it was to us.

Sometimes people “just do their job” so well that we take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment