Friday, June 18, 2010

More or Less Kind?

I have been making an effort to drive more kindly, letting people merge ahead of me, and stopping to allow folks to make left turns when they need to. In all honesty, I don't always remember and don't do it as much as I should, but certainly more than in the past.

On my way to work this morning there was quite a bit of traffic going both ways. I stopped to allow a car to turn left to enter the highway. However, there were two lanes of traffic and the folks in the right lane kept right on going. I assumed eventually someone else would stop to let him turn. I waited for what seemed a few minutes. It was probably less, and just felt longer as the car in back of me was honking his horn for me to keep moving. After the third honk I relented and moved on, shrugging apolgetically to the driver of the car who was still sitting in traffic trying to turn.

I am still wondering if I should have held my ground and ignored the horn. Or was my drive to be kind causing a traffic hazzard? Can kindness to one driver be less than kind to another?

No comments:

Post a Comment