Sunday, June 13, 2010

How Do You Spell Relief? K-I-N-D-N-E-S-S

My husband has always wanted to see the Eagles in concert so last night, as a birthday present, we were there in the crowd. Besides the Eagles ( who didn't come out on stage with walkers as I suspected they might) there was also the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban, none of whom I was overly interested in hearing. Now, I briefly considered this as an act of kindness, especially since it rained for the entire 6 hours we were there. But helping your spouse do something he has always wanted to do is just part of being in a relationship. And besides, I did sing along with most of the Eagles songs.

However, I believe I may have committed my most rewarding act of kindness yet.

Now, I hadn't been to one of these concerts in many years, so I had forgotten about the long wait to get into the ladies room. And the maddeningly non-existent lines for the men's room. So imagine my joy when I discovered a women's bathroom tucked around a corner away from the concessions... with no one waiting. At all. I couldn't believe my luck. Such was my joy that, on the way back to my seat, I stopped by one of the lines that was about 25 women deep and shared my discovery.

Never, in all my acts of kindness, have I felt so incredibly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. carolyn Mc DonoughJune 15, 2010 at 11:13 PM

    That was kind..but I think sitting through 3+hrs watcing 6m of ballet is very kind..thanks and bye for now
    clyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least there was no line for the bathroom at the recital!

    ReplyDelete