Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kindness at a Bargain Price

I bought my son hiking boots today. The price was marked 45.00, which was much more than I intended to pay, but it was hard finding the right size, and we needed them by this weekend.

When I brought them up to the counter they rang up as 24.00. I thought “What luck!.” But then I wondered if perhaps it was a mistake, and there might end up being consequences for the salesclerk. Employment in retail is often not a bastion of kindness. It seemed unkind to chance trouble for her so I could save 20 bucks, so I pointed out the price sticker on the box. The one that said “Our Price 45.00.” She explained that that wasn't really the price.

It made absolutely no sense to me, but I wasn't going to argue. Personal benefit or doing what's right? Sometimes it's not an easy choice but my husband will be glad to know that I did the right thing AND still got the cheaper price.

No comments:

Post a Comment