Friday, May 14, 2010

Get In Line for Kindness

I was in line at store, during the time in between work, and having pick up my son at a birthday party. I was a tad anxious because I had never been to the bowling alley where the party was and I didn’t want to get lost and be late, Naturally my stress caused the line to be extra long. Two registers to my right I noticed a much shorter line. I looked at the woman ahead of me. She hadn’t seen it. What luck! I moved to the right, and was shortly taken over by guilt when I noticed her looking my way. I waved and invited her to move ahead of me.

Now, I'm pretty sure that this was not an act of kindness. But I acted more kindly because of this daily documentation.

1 comment:

  1. it was nevertheless and act of goodwill, motivated by the recollection of your intention to be kind, and the resulting awareness of those around you.

    ReplyDelete