Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cup of Kindess Plus More

Day 116

I'm almost a third of the way through this project, the official marker coming in about a week or so. What that means to me today is a reminder that it is getting increasingly difficult to think of anything new or original to do. I've even taken to googling “random acts of kindness” ever once in a while for ideas. I actually found a list, 29 Ways To Be Kind. Turns out, I've already done over half of them, and pretty much all the ones that are feasible for me. One idea, “walk a friends dog” had not occurred to me. Now I'm just waiting for the right opportunity. So Shorty, Lola, Kirby, Rowdy, Jake, Holly, Merlin, Tara, Oaky, Elvis and Cocoa, look out; I'm coming for you next.

In the meantime today it was the same ole same ole, bought a cup of coffee for someone, with the instructions for the cashier to wait for the first customer who came in after I left. What was different and totally fun was his reaction. The cashier (or barista as they seem to be called in this chain) expressed excitement and joy that he could do this for someone. He said that I made his day. And that, I believe might even qualify as a of two for one act of kindness. Or as they might say in this coffee shop “a cup of kindness with an add shot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment