Friday, July 30, 2010

My Fifteen Seconds of Fame

Day 121

I stopped for my morning coffee today, at the same place where I had bought a cup for a stranger a few days ago (Cup Of Kindness Plus More, July 25). The young man who waited on me was the same one who had expressed so much excitement about getting to be the one to carry out the deed. At first he didn't recognize me, but when he did, his face lit up. “Oh my God, you're the lady!” I think it was the closest I have ever felt in my life to being a celebrity. He went on to tell me how excited the woman whom he had given the coffee to was, that she called her boyfriend right then and there to tell him about it. And said that she that she was going to make sure to do the same thing for someone else. It was absolutely a great way to start the day.

My act of kindness for the day pales in comparison, in terms of excitement and interest. On Fridays at work we pay a dollar for charity to wear blue jeans. Today I paid two dollars AND I didn't wear jeans. It won't give me celebrity status, but I did my deed for the day.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great!!!! I love how contagious this is!!!! Yeah....I wonder who will be the recipient of the coffee...just imagine that going on and on and on..I love it!
    Clyn

    ReplyDelete