Monday, July 12, 2010

Kindness and Civics

Entering the grocery store today I passed a man trying to collect names on a petition as a first step in getting his name on the ballot for governor. I saw several people pass him and ignore him, and one man said he wouldn't sign because he didn't know anything about h im as a candidate. I figured there was only one way to find out so when I was leaving I stopped and asked him why he was running. I have to admit, I really couldn't follow what he said. Something about a new model for growth, foreclosure protection without bankruptcy, and a few other things I couldn't track. I decided that supporting him to be on the ballot was a separate issue from supporting him to be governor, and I could work that one out later.

I signed his petition and considered it my participation in government as well as my act kindness for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment