Sunday, July 11, 2010

Not So Fast....

A friend suggested that if I was looking for a kind deed, I could donate some books to a program she was familiar with, one that develops libraries for prisons. Sounded like a good idea, throw some books in a bag, drop them off, blog about it.

I started taking some dusty books off the shelf (also dusty). Then I found a name written in one of them. Oops, I guess I forgot to return it to her. Put that one aside. I begin wondering if some of the other titles were borrowed and not returned to the rightful owner. Now there are several piles going. Donate. Return to owner. Might belong to someone else. My husband noticed the piles and said he would like to go through his books too. More stacks appear.

So this act of kindness will not be completed today. But I am hopeful that by publically posting about it, I will actually finish it with a minimum of procrastination. I’m giving myself a week…

No comments:

Post a Comment