Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

Before we left for vacation my younger son asked if we could “go green” in our house. I pointed out to him all the things that we were already doing, but he thought we should be doing more. So our increased efforts starts today. One step is to decrease the paper use on our computer, using both sides whenever possible. And the one I've already used today with great joy, “Turn the light off in your room, we need to be green.” I've only asked them to remember to turn their light off oh, thousands of times, but now it's not just me nagging, it's the environment, AND it was their idea.


Independence from fossil fuels on Independence Day. Sometimes it hard to imagine how every little bit helps, but I know for sure every little bit can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment