Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Case For Kindness

Day 257

I was interviewed tonight via phone for an internet radio show called Brown on Black out of Des Moines Iowa. The host Luana Nelson Brown contacted me a few weeks ago and our first go round was canceled because of technical difficulties. But today it went off without a hitch, aside from me sounding rather nasally from this cold I'm battling. I'm not altogether sure why this counts as my act of kindness for the day, but Luana said it does, so I'm taking her up on the offer.

The main point of the show was that kindness is a key in building community, and that kindness inevitably begets kindness. It was fascinating to have someone ask questions in depth about this blog and what are my thoughts were on the topic. As if I were some sort of expert, which definitely I am not. But it did help to realize that over the course of these eight months, I have become more mindful of being kind and learned that,with some discpline, thoughts do lead to actions. That is the sum total of my expertise.

It was an honor to be part of a discussion the purpose of which was primarly to advance the case for kindness. Thank you Luana.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome!

    The episode you agreed to do was a wonderful success and has people thinking consciously about things they could do for others. SImply spreading your message has the potential to change a community and that is a kind act indeed. Thanks so much for appearing on our show! You were a perfect guest.

    Luana

    ReplyDelete