Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Flying Pig of Kindness

Day 261

My son had a doctor's appointment today and we brought an ornament for the office manager. Not just any ornament, but a flying pig. We have bonded over the fact that she has pigs, flying and flightless, decorating her office and we happen to have flying pigs on our checks.

So when I saw this ornament before Thanksgiving there was no question that I needed to get it. Since that time I have misplaced it twice (see yesterday's blog for proof that this is a habit of mine) but was able to find in time for today's appointment. I am often jealous of the people who seem to always know the perfect gift, buy them during the year and have them beautifully wrapped for the appropriate occasion. It is clear that I do not have this skill because even if I knew the perfect gift when I saw it, I would lose it by the time the occasion rolled around.

But, just for today, I was one of THOSE people.

No comments:

Post a Comment