Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Keys to Kindness

Day 246

While grocery shopping today I noticed a woman with her two children. One was a baby she had in her arms and the other was a girl around two or three pushing a cart, one of the small kind they have in the stores these days for children to push. They weren't around when my kids were younger, which was a good thing because my boys would have absolutely taken down anyone in their path if I had let them push one those around the store.

I was going by the little girl right as she spotted a set of keys on the floor. She picked them up and gave them to her mom. The mom looked at me and asked, hopefully, if they were mine. I said they weren't but I would be happy to take them to the customer service desk for her. She appeared relieved and handed them over.

It does not seem that long ago that I was hauling two children around the grocery store with me and I don't remember it as being a pleasant experience. At all. So I could imagine that a journey to the the front of the store from the back to drop off the keys, with her two kids in tow might have seemed like a chore. Or perhaps I was projecting, based on my own past nightmarish grocery store memories with my own kids.

Either way, I'm considering it kind act squared, both to the finder and the loser of the keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment