Friday, December 17, 2010

Counting My Change to Kindness

Day 262

I got my act of kindness out of the way first thing this morning when I was in the donut shop. Not that I wasn't kind the rest of the day, but it is always nice to know I have something to write about early on.

I stopped to buy the boys donuts on the way to school, my incentive/bribe for them getting out of the house and into the car on time with a minimum of bickering. While I was standing in line the woman next to me accidentally dropped a handful of change on the floor. I immediately got right down there with her to help pick it up.

So, someone reading this might think, big deal of course you would, who wouldn't? The answer to that is everyone else in line near us, who just continued to stare straight ahead. Once again I am reminded that one person's act of kindness can often be considered just “doing the right thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment