Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Kindness

Day 270

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate this holiday. My husband was the king of kindness today as he left our warm cozy house this morning before breakfast to deliver 100 packets of peanut brittle (my specialty of the season) to the soup kitchen for their Christmas dinner guests. When we called yesterday to find out how many people they were expecting and heard “between 350 and 400” were shocked and saddened. We had absolutely no idea that so they served so many people on this day.

So we amped up the brittle production, me cooking and my husband packaging, and pondered if it was the right thing to do, delivering enough for only about a quarter of the guests. In the end, we decided we could only do our best, and next year we would have a better plan.

I hope that the guests who received our small gift enjoyed it and wish for them more cheer and promise in the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment