Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Mother, Myself

Day 260

I turned an act of absent mindeness into a random act of kindness today. When I was a child I remember times after birthdays and holidays when my mother would come out of her bedroom with a present for me or one of my siblings, saying she had hidden it, and then forgotten about it. We used to laugh and tease her about her memory.

Today I found a small present I had bought for my older son for Christmas. I got it a while ago and hid it (I won't say what or where in case he chooses this day to taken an interest in this blog). And last week I bought him the exact same thing, having forgotten about the hidden item.

I put the found item on a bench with a note. “I hope you know someone who will enjoy this gift.”

I am my mother's daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment