Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Parking Spot For Kindness

Day 268

Traffic was just crazy today. Parking lots were jammed as everyone seemed to be doing their last minute stuff, whatever it is people do two days before Christmas. I made the mistake of thinking I could run into the grocery store near my office to pick up some bagels on my way home. I'm not sure what I was thinking; there wasn't a parking space in sight. I was circling around and contemplating giving up when I spotted a space. I put my blinker on and was just about there when I noticed woman in a car coming the other direction doing the same thing. I could have had her beat by a second or even two. But I smiled and waved her into the spot.

I found a space on the next circle round, got my bagels, and left feeling a little more in touch with the holiday spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment