Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monthly Feature

Trying to think of a kind deed to do every day is more than a challenge than I anticipated. Eventually I will need to decide once and for all that originality doesn’t count. Today the challenge was doubled by the fact that my home computer is currently out of commission, so I needed to do something and write about it before leaving work. My boss (whom I don’t think knows about this blog yet) may consider it rather unkind for me to be writing this on work time. Therefore, wordsmithing is at a minimum today.

The worry of having no idea what to do, along with the pressure of a before the end to work day deadline was hovering. Adding to that was hunger, since I forgot my lunch. When I went to store to pick something up I spotted the flower section, and there it was easy as that. I picked out a bouquet and had them wrapped. On my way out of the store I handed them to a woman who was sitting alone and eating her lunch. It was truly a delight to see her smile; I could not believe that I had experienced a second’s worth of angst around this task. I had so much fun, this might just have to be monthly featured act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment