Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Revisited

On the way home from work I stopped at the store to pick up a few things for dinner. As I checked out, I added a jar of peanut butter to the food collection box. If this sounds familiar, it is. I did the same thing just two days ago. Sadly, I noticed the box had only the same items as it did then. This shows a few things. One, I spend way too much time at the grocery store since this is the third time it is featured in the blog. Two, I clearly have run out of ideas, at least temporarily, for the daily commitment to kindness. And three, maybe other folks are just as well intended as I, but also need some prompts to change intentions into actions. Actually, I believe this to be absolutely true. That most often people plan to do the kind thing, or the right thing, or the polite thing, but life sometimes gets in the way of the follow through.

Fortunately a loyal reader (who has followed this blog since it's inception a week and half ago) has been made a suggestion to me. Perhaps sometimes my efforts can be focused towards helping others turn their good intentions into good deeds. So tomorrow, it’s back to the grocery store…

1 comment:

  1. Well, well, well...
    When you told me about the email that you sent that I did not get, announcing this commitment to blog and then you told me your focus is upon being kind, I said, "You?"

    Now that I am caught up on your endeavors, I must say I can't get this smile off my face. As I drove from home to work I was thinking about this blog I'd not yet read. I was thinking..."She IS being spiritual! This is a mighty deep covenant, really! This is GREAT!" And my smile is still with me. Now I'm thinking, this really is not so surprising because this is part of your core. The DOING IT part ... that's the covenant. And I support you 100%. I'll participate with you too. When I was walking the dog I was thinking of kindnesses. Here's an idea... how about if a group of us who enjoy gardening commit to a few hours of gardening at eachother's houses. So, if there are three of us who want to garden, one Sunday we can go to your house, then the next weekend the next person's house and the next week ... and so on...
    So, here's to you and your blog and mostly to your efforts to really dig deeply into your spiritual self.
    Remember, no Pinnochio (smile)...

    Your Scorpio "Sister"

    ReplyDelete