Sunday, April 11, 2010

Remembering to be Kind.

Most times when I go to the grocery store there is a box in the front collecting food donations for the local food pantry. Usually around Thanksgiving, I make sure I buy some items to put in. The rest of the year, I never consider in it until I’m leaving and see the box at the end of the check out. Then I think to myself, next time I will remember to buy something extra to donate. When next time comes, I still forget. Today when I went in, I reminded myself (with a note written on my hand I might add) to do just that. I bought a couple extra jars of peanut butter, put them in my grocery bag, loaded it in car, and was pulling out of the parking lot when I remembered that I didn't leave them in the box. Walking back in, I thought, perhaps for the future, a note on the steering wheel might do the trick.

1 comment:

  1. Betsy...you are so funny and honest!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete