Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thank You Donna

This morning I was tearing through aisles of the grocery store, in rush to meet a friend, and I was already late. I passed with a sign asking customers to vote for the Associate of the Month. My first thought was, “not today.” My second thought was, “I need to fulfill the commitment I made on the dang blog.” Four days into this, and I was having some regrets.

It took sixty seconds to write up the form, including the comment that Donna the cashier is always pleasant when I check out and has a wonderful, wry sense of humor. There was an additional 30 seconds required when I had to walk by her register, trying to look casual not creepy, while glancing at the name tag to make sure I got that part right. The task that I didn’t think I had time for took less than a minute and a half to complete.

To Donna in Hannafords, I hope you are named Associate of the Month, and reap whatever benefits and glory accompany that honor. I promise I will tell you in person next time I come through that I appreciate what you do.

2 comments:

  1. You are inspiring! I will try to put some more kindness into my day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the necessary inquisition and humor, I think this is a great thing to do. Really. This is from your work buddy (the better one)

    ReplyDelete