Friday, August 6, 2010

An Act of Kindness With No Nagging Whatsoever

Day 129

I came home from work today and my son was excited to announce “We did your kind deed for you today.” Apparently my husband and sons loaded the car with buckets and gardening tools, and went down the street to do some weeding around the small World War II memorial, the one we discovered a few months ago when this project was just getting started (Memorial Day, May 31). It is the kind of thing you can pass a hundred times, but once you realize it is there you see it every time. And we had noticed that that the well groomed mulched patch of land we where we attended the service a short time ago was now being overtaken by weeds.

I have to admit, although I did not participate, I'm feeling pretty dang proud. One of the goals of this blog project is that my family will make kindness more part of our every day routine. And the guys went off and committed their own act without any nagging, er, prompting from me.

I said it before (and so did the guy from the A-Team) I love it when a plan comes together.

3 comments:

  1. What is it that you say when you're excited Betsy? Woot Woot???

    Well, woot woot to you and YOUR A-Team!!!!

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure woot woot didn't originate from me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just great!
    clyn

    ReplyDelete