Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Cookies for Stangers

Day 153

Another opportunity to give cookies to strangers! As I mentioned recently, I like giving people cookies. (Cookies for Stangers) Fresh baked kindness, in my opinion. But I aware that receiving cookies from a stranger can seem suspect, so I have refrained from handing them out to people on the street.

But today I think I was within the acceptable bounds of this endeavor. We had a small couch delivered by two very nice young men. Actually it was a sleeper sofa, and this should be good news to anyone over the years who has silently endured (or in some cases, not so silently) sleeping on the futon which served as our bed for guests. There were cookies coming out of the oven just as the truck arrived, so I gave each of them a plate full, along with a tip.

I'm hoping the smell of baking in the house, the kids hanging around, and the dogs too, all painted a picture that said “It is safe to accept these cookies from a stranger.” And that they were enjoyed as well.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure the "Stangers" were thrilled!

    And I think this was just plain nice! I certainly know I (though not a "stanger") have been the beneficiary of more than one plate of your delicious cookies through the years at just the right times... My gratitude for the plates through the years continues!

    Like I said...
    NICE!

    SS

    ReplyDelete