Friday, August 13, 2010

The Family That Blogs Together... Part 2

Day 136

We are off for a weekend up north to do some hiking. After spending the morning packing and being in the car for 3 hours, it was almost 4 o'clock before I knew it. I started actively looking for an opportunity to perform a kind act since I have this self-imposed deadline and all. Apparently I was looking a little too actively. My younger son, more impacted by my new found committement to kindness than I realized, offered to write today's blog entry. You can only imagine my joy. After taking him up on his offer however, I realized the impact was a little different than I initally thought.

Here is my kind act for the day, from my son's perspective:

My mom was desperate to do a kind deed. She went on and on and on about what she should do. We went to get ice cream and when we got there, she said “Guys, I think we should get a gift cetificate for a cone to give to someone.” And I thought to myself “Can't we just get ice cream?” It feels a little weird doing kind things all the time.


Kindness. It's a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Kindness does start at home. Make it more of a family affair. I have a son like that. lol
    Have a beautiful day.
    ljp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know there are more like him out there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete