Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kindness At The Ready

Day 128
I have found just the thing for times when the day is coming to a close and I've yet to commit my daily act of kindness. Searching the web, I discovered that I'm not the only one doing this kindness thing. There are many talented folks out there doing creative things miles beyond my skill set. One website Kind Over Matter (you have to love the name) has a blog that focuses “ heavily on the handmade community....dedicated to kind acts, inspirational art and kind projects.” So, that's not quite me. I'm not “artsy” by any stretch of the imagination but I am certainly trying to be kind. I took a look so see what ideas I could borrow. There is lots beautiful stuff there AND a section called freebies where you can download what I'm calling “tools of kindness.”

Today the my boys and I downloaded some paper flowers that you cut out, and stick a lollipop in the middle. On the petals it says “Smile, this is a random act of kindness.” We cut and then assembled them into lovely Tootsie-Pop flowers, their destination at this point unknown. They are sitting in a cup on the counter, kindness at the ready.

I found the website http://kindovermatter.blogspot.com/ through another blog http://deliberate-acts-of-kindness.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those websites - Thank you so much for including them!

    ReplyDelete