Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thinking of New Orleans

Day 151

Today being the 5th anniversary of the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina, I wanted to commit an act of kindness to honor and support New Orleans. My desire to focus on this was slightly complicated by the fact that this needed to be an act that didn't involve money, as I have exceeded my kindness budget this month. I searched online for organizations dedicated to the recovery and restoration, but money and volunteers continue to be what is needed most.

By the end of the day, I ended up spending money, a dollar. I bought a song from iTunes from a compilation album produced to benefit New Orleans. It was a very small gesture to remember a horrific ordeal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,
    Might an additional act of kindness be to pass along the links to websites you have found helpful -- related to New Orleans, Haiti, Pakistan etc? It would then allow those of us following your blog to possibly extend further acts of kindness...
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. And that is a free act of kindness towards strangers...following your blog now or in the future.

    ReplyDelete