Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 for 30

Day 154

My husband and I are supporting a very kind act today. My nephew will be turning 30 tomorrow, and in honor of that milestone, and looking to be healthy into his next decade, he pledged to lose 30 pounds by his birthday and asked that people sponsor him a dollar a pound, with the money going to Girl's Hope. This is a local organization in his area that works with girls who have academic and leadership potential, but lack educational opportunities.

In addition he has organized a benefit concert 30 for 30 to raise more money for the cause. We are sending off the check and a birthday card today, and wish we could be there for the big event. If you're in the Pittsburgh area this Friday night stop by the Hard Rock Cafe for a great show and tell Ben Alper he's looking good and happy birthday! You can also tell him his aunt is very proud of him.

***********

About a week ago I posted about a good ju ju event I partipated in. Here is the video. If you look carefully, you will see me, my husband and the boys chicken dancing like there is no tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is some good ju ju! Loved the video. Really fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This video was a real treat this morning! Now, I spotted who I think might be the "reluctant friend," and she did not look too reluctant in the video. Are you in a red shirt, Betsy? I'm going to have to watch it again. I don't want to miss the opportunity to see you doing the Chicken Dance. I'm also about to google Good Ju Ju events to see if they are happening in Asheville!

    ReplyDelete