Saturday, October 30, 2010

Almost In The Bag

Day 214

Today the Boy Scouts left a white shopping bag in our mailbox (as well as the mailboxes of almost everyone else in the state) with a request that it be filled with items for the state food bank. Pick up will be in a week. Going with my “do not procrastinate” theme, I filled it with food from our cupboards as soon as I walked in the house and left the bag by the front door so I would remember to put it out next Saturday.

What I did not remember to do was put the dog outside when we left this evening. So we came home to an cereal box torn and emptied of its contents as well as rice spilled all over the floor. He was kind enough to leave the canned items unscathed.

I thought my act of kindness was in the bag for the day, but apparently not....

No comments:

Post a Comment