Sunday, October 10, 2010

Neighborly Kindness or I'm An Embarassed Neighbor

Day 194

When I was out running today I went past my neighbors' house, where my sons wander over to a couple times a week. Their teenage niece lives there too and my sons have met her on many occasions. I, however, have not. Her cousins, boys ages 4 and 7 are here frequently playing assorted games that involve weapons with my boys. But I suppose a teenage girl has other things to do.

When I saw her in the yard with her friends I introduced myself as my sons' mother. I was embarrassed to find out that her name was not Taylor as I as I had been told by my boys. Apparently her nick name with her cousins is Tater, which threw my guys down the wrong name path and subsequently me as well. But I know her name now, and will be able to greet her properly when I see her again. It's the least a neighbor can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment