Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sending Best Wishes to Some Great Guys

Day 208

About a month ago I wrote about the men who run the fish store where I have been going for years. I said how pleasant and cheerful they were whenever I went in. A friend who realized we buy our fish at the same place when she read the blog entry told me yesterday that she had heard that there was a fire there last week, and that the shop is closed until they can make the needed repairs. This is a tough break for any business, but this is a small family owned place run by the absolute nicest guys which makes you feel for them even more.

She was planning to send them a card to show her support and she thought I might be interested in doing the same. I was, and I sent it off today. A very small gesture in the face of very sad misfortune. Here's to a speedy recovery for the friendliest fish shop on the planet.

2 comments:

  1. -That was very nice of you to write a note to the fish store.
    -You were being a good role model. Maybe we'll do that someday.
    -I feel bad for the fish store.
    -Have you seen the damage?

    Signed,
    4B Class at Mater Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mater Christi Class 4B

    Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is fun for me to know that you have read about my adventures in kindness.

    I have seen the damage to the fish store. The building is still standing and there is a sign on the door that says they will reopen when the damage is repaired. I hope it's soon!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete