Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Increasing Kindness....Tomorrow

Day 190

I dropped off a book I recently read at a friend's house today. It was one that I'm pretty sure she will like (Zeitoun, by Dave Eggers, in case someone feels lost without details). A couple of weeks ago I said I would get it to her, but didn't follow through until today.

First I had to find the book. More specifically, determine under which pile it was buried. Then I had to figure out when I would have time to swing by her house. But here is the truth of the matter. If I deviated from my route to or from work it would probably add 10 minutes, tops, to my commute. I committed (in my head) this morning that I would get it to her today and write about it tonight.

So many of the things I have written about this year fall under this category. Small of kindness or courtesy, delayed by procrastination, finally completed with the realization that it was so much easier, less time consuming than it ever was in my head.

I continue to hope that when I finish this project, I can increase kindness by decreasing procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment