Friday, October 22, 2010

Grateful for Kindness

Day 206

I'm counting today's act of kindness as the work that went into preparing for our Halloween charity party tomorrow. It feels like a bit of a repeat because I wrote about it last weekend and probably will tomorrow as well. But I do believe it “qualifies” because we are raising funds for place that needs it (Haiti) and just as important, it brings our friends and family a lot of joy.

But the real story of kindness for today is the help we received from our friends. A few folks came over to help stuff dummies, makes signs, carve pumpkins, and basically do whatever we needed or asked. And kept the fun and humor in all of it. They made sure I didn't cry, and eventually laughed when we discovered the dogs had eaten the trays of cupcakes waiting to be frosted. Not to mention of course then assuring me they would make replacement cupcakes.

Today I felt incredibly grateful to be the recipient not just one act of kindness, but a whole day filled with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment