Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Celebrate The Cactus

Day 225

A friend gave me a Christmas cactus about 10 years ago. It is not the official name I'm sure. They are called this because they bloom once a year, around Christmas time. Mine blooms in November so I prefer to the name “Thanksgiving cactus.” I have since lost touch with my friend, but I think of her every year when the cactus shows it's beautiful red flowers. And I always say to myself, I should let C know I'm thinking about her. This year, I actually did. I sent an email telling her just that, and about the cactus of course.

And like many of the things I have done because of my commitment to kindness and this blog, it felt a bit silly when I realized how little time it took. I do hope I hear back from her, and that she doesn't procrastinate for as many years as I did.

2 comments:

  1. It is I think different to be intentional in your actions and so you notice your kindness which in turn leads me to wonder just what should I spend a year being intentional about...I can think of many things....and I am starting to consider 1 to3 tasks..thanks so much for the prompting..bye for now
    carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thnk the key to follow through is having to write it down every night. So start thinking about what blog YOU want to write!

    ReplyDelete