Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kind Words Won't Cause Global Warming

Day 232

A kind word warms for three winters.

Yesterday my friends challenged me to use above fortune I received in a cookie as an inspiration for today's act of kindness. I accepted, but as it turns out, warming three winters isn't nearly as easy as it sounds.

I commented to the woman who served me coffee this morning that I liked her earrings, which was true, but did not seem really winter warm worthy. I told the cashier at the grocery store that I appreciated how pleasant and upbeat he is whenever I go thorough his line. Also true, but I doubt it would warm one winter, never mind three.

Not kind enough words? Or false fortune? Perhaps "a kind word warms for one autumn" is closer to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment