Friday, November 26, 2010

Husband To The Rescue, Again

Day 241

Today I felt very lucky to have some help keeping the kindness streak alive. I was a bit under the weather and not wanting to leave the house. So in order to follow through with my plan for the day I needed an assist and my husband was there to help. My idea was to give a coffee gift card to the person ringing the bell for the Salvation Army Kettle campaign on my way out of the grocery store. Tomorrow we will be taking a shift there, so it seemed like the thing to do.

He left the house in good spirits, up for the challenge. There was a small snag when he discovered the bell ringing station unmanned. Undeterred, he went back into the store and gave the card to the first cashier he saw, expressing gratitude for all her hard work over the Thanksgiving shopping week. He was happy to help out, but if I'm not better by tomorrow, I'll be hard pressed to get him to give flowers to a stranger.

Yes, tomorrow is Give Flowers To A Stranger Day. Doesn't it seem like all the holidays are so close together this time of year? Thanksgiving was yesterday. Hanukkah starts next Wednesday. And here is GFTASD right in the middle. J. in Michigan celebrated a little early this year and you can read about it on her blog.

Enjoy the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment