Monday, November 1, 2010

The Value of a Dollar

Day 216

The end of the day rolled around, and I had yet to perform an act of kindness worthy of writing about. As I was on my way out the door to bring my boys to karate, a small but fun idea came to mind (one that I'm sure is not my original idea but I can't remember where I saw it). I wrote on a piece of paper “If you find this, it's your lucky day” and stuck it to a dollar bill. When we got to the studio I put it just outside the door. This way I could actually peek out from inside to see what happened when someone found it.

As I stood inside, I surreptitiously looked out the window. A man walked by with his little boy, who looked around four or so. They stopped and picked it up, read the note and continued on, the boy holding the money tightly in his hand. I was thrilled that they were the finders. I'm pretty sure that four is the perfect age to appreciate the adventure of finding a dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment