Monday, November 15, 2010

Kindness, Guilt and Yogurt Containers

Day 230

Plastic containers #5 have been the bane of my existence as of late. Our town doesn't recylcle them, and I feel guilty throwing them in the trash. About a month ago, I read in the paper that a store near my work would accept them for recyling. Since that time a pile has grown in our kitchen, and been moved periodically from the counter to the top of the fridge, back to the counter and to various other locations, waiting for transport to their destination. Yesterday my husband said “Should we just throw these away?”

That was the push I needed to follow through. Today I brought them to work with me and dropped them in the recycle bin at the store on the way home. Who says all guilt is all bad? Pair it with a commitment to kindness and I can really get some things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment