Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kindly Calling the Kettle Black

Day 233

Today's kind idea of the day on the Random Acts of Kindness website was “ When you are purchasing your items in the check out line, take a moment to speak to the employee or clerk helping you.” So I recognized a certain irony as I was in line for my coffee and the woman in front of me motioned her order to the young man waiting on her while saying to whomever she was talking on the phone in a rather loud voice “the problem is she doesn't have any people skills.”

This happens to be one of my pet peeves, people talking on their phones and ignoring the actual person in front of them. In general, I am more on the intolerant side of cell phone use, and I am only now beginning to accept that that they are not just a passing phase. I need to work on being kind to cell phone users, despite my bias.

But for today, I was extra friendly to the person who served me my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment