Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Day 240

I was out for a short run this morning, trying to proactively prepare for the day of Thanksgiving eating ahead, when I passed a woman out walking her puppy. I usually don't like to stop when I'm running, mostly because I want to get it over with. But this was one cute puppy. Her name was Ginny and she was a 3 month old Cocker Spaniel out for her potty training lesson. More importantly, her human, whose name I didn't learn, was bursting at the seams proud of her new charge, and clearly enjoyed others recognizing how adorable the new addition to the family was.

So I stopped for a few minutes and got down on the ground to make a proper fuss, getting totally tangled in my headphone wires as Ginny jumped and rolled and licked. We had good ole patting session and went our separate ways.

The break in my run was of little consequence since I would have needed to run 10 more miles today to offset the quadruple servings of dessert I indulged in.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment