Friday, November 12, 2010

For the Birds

Dat 227

I put my bird feeders up today, the official start of almost winter. I had to go to the store to stock up on bird seed since, once we put up the “open for business” sign, we go through quite a bit. Now, I considered counting this as my act of kindness for the day as I'm sure the birds think it is. But I do know there are also folks who don't think wildlife, including birds, should be fed by humans. So to avoid the risk of evoking the ire of that group, I will not put this in the kindness column.

On my way to get the bird seed however, there was a shopping cart in the middle of the road in the plaza. I watched several cars go around it, and I drove around it as well. As I did I thought “who better to get out of the car and move that cart out of the road and put it where it belongs but me.” And I did and this one IS going in the kindness column for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment