Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kind of Fishy

Day 182

There is a small fish market I have been shopping at for years. When my kids were little were tagging along with me, they men who run the place always joked with them and made sure to include lollipops with my order. Now I usually go in without my boys but the guys still throw a couple pops in the bag. And each time I visit, there are smiles, laughter and joking. It is hard to imagine such happiness selling fish, but it is true.

I stopped there tonight on my way home from work. I was feeling a bit gloomy but felt myself starting to smile as soon as I pulled into the parking lot. I got my fish (salmon- my younger son and I love it, my husband and older son won't touch the stuff) along with the pops. For the first time in all my years shopping there, I told the guys running the place how much I value their joy and positive attitude. They laughed in the same manner they always do, and said that's how they keep the fun in their day.

Today's act of kindess was yet another example of showing appreciation for kindness I have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment