Friday, February 4, 2011

And The Most Popular Act Of Kindness Is...

Day 308

If I were to write the most frequent suggestions I've received for random acts of kindness to fulfill my daily commitment at the top of the list would be.......put money in a parking meter for someone. Well here is day 308 and I've finally done it.

I had to go downtown to the courthouse for work today. It's in an area that is usually quite difficult to find a parking space. When circling the block hoping for that elusive spot, it is not uncommon to pass the meter maid also circling, giving out tickets as she goes.

Today it was just meant to be, as I found a place to park almost immediately AND I happened to have a surplus of quarters in my purse. So I was good to go for two hours, and made sure the two cars next to me were safe for at least an hour more. Sadly, as I walked into courthouse I passed a row of four cars sporting orange tickets. Alas, I did what I could.

And perhaps it was also kind to insure the meter maid achieved her quota for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment