Monday, February 21, 2011

Kindness or Friendliness. What Came First?

Day 324

I had to return some clothes to the store today. I had bought them for my kids when I brought them home they didn't fit. Because my boys hate trying on clothes, and I strongly dislike being with them when they are trying things on and complaining about it, I am returning items to this particular store on a semi-regular basis. I always think of the woman at the return desk as somewhat unpleasant and grumpy, but if you asked me for a specific reason, I couldn't give you one.

With thoughts of kindness on my mind, I made an extra effort to be pleasant and chat as I was making my exchange today. And, what should come as a shock to no one who has been following this blog, the woman was friendly and pleasant right back.

Was she this way because of my effort? Or did my assumptions about her grumpiness color my previous interactions with her? Either way, all indications are be kind, period.

1 comment:

  1. I find this to be very true what goes around comes around....I have been thinking of that recently and am trying to hold more positive thoughts. bye clyn

    ReplyDelete