Monday, February 7, 2011

Receiving Kindness

Day 311

My focus for kindness today was on my husband. He broke his elbow yesterday and I was feeling a tad guilty because he drove himself to the hospital. I was kind enough to pick him up and bring him home though...

But it seems there is enough to do to make up for it since he can't drive and is at half capacity for quite a few other things. I stopped by the store on my way home from work to find him something warm to wear that would fit over the wrapped arm and sling. As I was in the check out line another register opened up and the man in front of me gestured for me to go ahead of him. I said no that's OK, but insisted, saying I had only a few things and he had more. The woman in back of me commented how nice it was to see someone being so gracious and kind.

I told her that I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment