Sunday, February 20, 2011

Clean Up In Aisle Five

Day 323

While grocery shopping today, I picked up a package of sugary fruit drinks, the type I swore I would never buy for my kids but I do anyway, and it started leaking all over me and all over the floor. I quickly put it down and grabbed another package, this one leak free. As I put the box in my cart and continued with my shopping, I realized that the kind thing to do was not to just walk away, but to let someone know so the sticky mess didn't spread.

I let the young man at the customer service desk know about the "spill in aisle five" and resumed my shopping. I was reminded once again that sometimes doing the kind thing is just doing the right thing.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good kind act. It's soo easy just to walk away and then we realize it's just as easy to let someone know. :) Great Job realizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindness can be a pain sometimes
    clyn

    ReplyDelete