Friday, February 11, 2011

Sugar Fueled Kindness

Day 315

I'm trying to look at some of the recent stressors in our family as an opportunity. I now now have a whole new variety of venues where I can commit acts of kindness.

Today I picked up my husband and kids from school (he's a teacher, making it one stop) and then we went to the hospital so my husband could get a cat scan on his elbow before surgery next week. The boys and I went to the cafeteria to enjoy a Friday afternoon feast of soda and ice cream. While we were there we left a five dollar gift card from a local store with a note to let the finder know that it was theirs to keep, a random act of kindness.

The cafeteria was fairly empty and there was a woman cleaning tables and putting up chairs. The boys said that they hoped that she would be the finder of the card. Judging by the emptiness of the room, the chances were pretty high for their wish to come true. I was pleased that they were not only not embarrassed by my mission, as is sometimes the case, but were actually enthusiastic about the idea. Or perhaps it was the ice cream and soda high carrying them through the moment.

Either way, I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. I love leaving things like this behind! Finding new venues is always fun too, I think I need to do that as well. Hope your husband is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete