Friday, February 18, 2011

Remembering to Recycle

Day 322

Today I was kind to the environment by recycling our number 5 plastic containers (yogurt and such). While I do think recycling should be part of everyone's routine and not an act of kindness per say, I'm counting this because of the steps taken in order to complete the act. Our town doesn't recycle this type of plastic, so the first step is to set it aside from the other recyclables. Then we have to put it in a bag and put it in my car to be brought to the store near my office that does accept this type of plastic to recycle. Next is the trickiest step of all. I have to REMEMBER to take it out of my car, into the store and then deposit it to the correct bin. Because this particular step is so difficult, I have had three or four bags rattling around my car for some time now.

But today I did it! I went into the store for a couple of items AND remembered to bring them in with me. I'm considering it kind to the environment, kind to my car, and kind to anyone who rides in my car and no longer has to be seated among the bulging bags of yogurt containers.

1 comment: