Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Picture of Kindness

Day 317

My younger son and I were doing some people watching in the foyer of the performing arts center, waiting to see the Lion King. A woman dressed in a beautiful black velvet gown was having her friend/boyfriend/husband, ( I did not inquire about the nature of their relationship), take pictures of her in front of the large yellow poster of the lion, of course. Then they switched and she took his picture. Much to my son's embarrassment, I offered to take one of the two of them together. They readily agreed and it was clear they appreciated the offer.

The man placed his jacket on the floor in front so he could pose with his arm around his friend. Wanting to get the perfect shot, I picked it up and handed it to my son to hold so it wouldn't be in the picture. I'm fairly certain he was willing the floor to swallow him up at that point.

Thankfully, he loved the show so much, that by the end of the evening, my act of kindness was just a distant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment