Monday, February 28, 2011

Please Don't Delete

Day 331

A goal in doing this project was for my family to become more active volunteers. We have had some success toward this, working in a community garden this summer, caretaking a WWII memorial near our home, and ringing the bell for the Salvation Army around Christmas time.

On thing I have taken on with a some (well, slightly more than some) regret is the scheduling of the snack bar volunteers for the town youth basketball league. This has involved me sending out emails weekly, sometimes daily begging folks to fill slots. And jumping in to cover when there are last minute cancellations.

So it was with great joy last Saturday when, after sending my last request for volunteers, I sold my last bottle of Gatorade during my last shift of the season. I thought.

I got the call tonight that the "playoffs" are next weekend, and the expectation is that the snack bar will be up and fully operational. Really? Isn't the thrill of the competition enough without having donuts and pizza available?

Apparently not. I'm sending out just one more plea for help. If it shows up in you inbox, please don't delete it, just say you'll pick up a shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment